Fall is here and winter is around the corner, before the snow sticks here are the Top Items we suggest you do to take care of your home before the snow is here!
It has been a rainy fall so far so it makes it a little harder to get out there and do some of these items but we recommend you do as much as you can to maintain your yard and exterior of your home. Not to mention take care of the major components of your home.
1.Clean out those rain gutters. They wont do you any good in the spring if they are full of leaves and debris.
2. Pick up they leaves in the yard. Whether you have a manicured yard or not, getting those leaves picked up now will help prevent leaves blowing around through the rest of fall and help clean out the underbrush from your trees.
3. Check all the exterior of your home, re-caulk those areas that need to be sealed up again, check the windows and trim work.
4. Trim up some trees if needed. We sometimes get really strong winds through fall and winter and if you have those trees that may be a concern for falling on your home or near your home take care of them now so you can be worry free on those windy days!
5. Clean up your perennials, and garden. Get it ready now for spring so your flowers have room to grow!
6. Remove your hose from the house and empty the water from your hose so it does not freeze and get ruined. A frozen hose attached to your house can cause water line back ups and freezing.
7. Get your snow shovels. Tune up your snow blower and/or four-wheeler plows ready for the winter to make sure it is in working condition.
8. Put away your rakes, and gardening tools, if they sit out during the winter months they will take wear and tear on your tools.
1. Its a good idea to flush your water heater every now and then. If you don’t feel comfortable with this then call your favorite HVAC person to come and do it. It will help your water heater run more efficiently through the winter months.
2. Clean up your window seals on the interior too, if you need to do some caulking this would be a good time to seal out some of that cold air.
3. Clean up around your garage and set up rodent prevention, they are looking for warm places to nest during these winter months.
4. If you have or use your fireplace, remember to get it cleaned regularly. This can be a life saver and prevent a house fire!
5. Everyone does this at different times but if you don’t have a set time to do it just think of the Fallback and Spring forward these are good times to look through your heating system, change filters get your heating system serviced and cleaned.